Leonardo support forum • View topic - PHPBB3 support

PHPBB3 support

support forum

PHPBB3 support

Postby dawson » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:55 am

Hi,

I'm trying to install Leonardo locally, but am having trouble with it, so hope someone here will be able to help.

On http://www.leonardoxc.net/installation it states that only phpBB2 is supported, but the install package I downloaded has some references to phpbb3, so I'm hoping that the installation page is out-of-date, and that phpbb3 now actually IS supported.

I've followed the instructions for installing to a phpbb2 installation, using $opMode= 6; with the following exceptions:

1: There was no pre-existing /modules directory under the phpbb3 root, so I created this folder manually. The result is that the leonardo files are at /phpbb3/modules/leonardo/ It's not perfectly clear to me if the documentation was written with the intention that I create the /modules/ folder, of if it was expected to already exist.
2:the file includes/constants.php in the root of my phpBB directory did not contain
Code: Select all
define('PAGE_GROUPCP', -11);

the string "PAGE_GROUPCP" does not exist anywhere in the file, so I just placed
define('PAGE_LEONARDO', -1045);

at the end of the file, immediately before
?>

When I browse to http://localhost:8080/phpbb3/modules.php?name=leonardo (port 8080 is my apache installation) I get the following response in my browser:
Warning: require_once(/common.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\phpBB3\modules\leonardo\site\predefined\6\config.php on line 101

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/common.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\phpBB3\modules\leonardo\site\predefined\6\config.php on line 101

I tried setting the db credentials in /site/config_db.php, but it has made no difference.

I tried to find installation instructions for PHPBB3, but cannot find anything. If they do exist somewhere, I'd be very grateful if someone could point me at them, otherwise, does anyone have an idea of what I need to do to get this going?

Regards,

Dawson
dawson

Re: PHPBB3 support

Postby manolis » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:03 am

Yes phpbb3 is supported but the documentation is missing.

i'll try to make a draft soon
manolis
Site Admin

Postby vulcano » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 am

Hi all,

it may be a coincidence, but yesterday I tried exactly the same. Therefore I wait for the description too... :wink:
vulcano

Postby dawson » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:38 am

manolis wrote:Yes phpbb3 is supported but the documentation is missing.

i'll try to make a draft soon

Thanks.
dawson

Postby vulcano » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:31 pm

ping...

It is spring time, first shaky thermals....
But also preparing for bad weather tasks.
Like installing leonardo in phpbb3 :shock:
or standalone... whatever is supported but not documented ;-)
vulcano

Postby manolis » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:42 pm

I am about to release a new version which is tested to work pretty much out of the box with phpbb3
should be out this week
manolis
Site Admin

Postby vulcano » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:46 pm

manolis wrote:I am about to release a new version which is tested to work pretty much out of the box with phpbb3
should be out this week

Cool, will test it immediately...
:P
vulcano

Postby manolis » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:28 pm

new version 3.4.0 is out today
manolis
Site Admin

Return to Support