Hi,all, for GPS problems, we need your help!

support forum

Hi,all, for GPS problems, we need your help!

Postby Jacky.Ng » Tue May 05, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi, all, We use the GPS of Garmin 60CSX, but the speed and the altitude that we got from the GPS always has some errors, compared to the actual speed and altitude. Anyone could tell me the reason for it? Thanks a lot in advance.
Jacky.Ng

Postby manolis » Tue May 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Can you give an example ?
manolis
Site Admin

Postby Jacky.Ng » Thu May 07, 2009 12:19 pm

Manolis,Thanks a lot.

You may found on the this web page(http://www.paracn.com/leonardo/?name=le ... ightID=458), which was the track log of flying Ultralight Saiplanes, however after I led-out the files from GPS, the maximum speed achieved to 236.4 km/h , it is quite impossible.

We find that after we led-out the track log of GPS by COMPE GPS, the flying speed, height , climbing speed and sinking speed which all have some errors to the actual ones, after we uploaded them on the Leonardo, there were some differences to the former ones.

Such errors always occur as we use GARMIN 60CSX GPS , but no such errors as we use 201 or MAP76. So we wonder whether the reason for such errors is that Leonardo can not be compatible with the new GPS??? Or some other reasons?
One more question, what software do you usual use to lead-out the COMOEGPS?
Jacky.Ng

Postby manolis » Thu May 07, 2009 12:26 pm

Jacky.Ng wrote:Manolis,Thanks a lot.

You may found on the this web page(http://www.paracn.com/leonardo/?name=le ... ightID=458), which was the track log of flying Ultralight Saiplanes, however after I led-out the files from GPS, the maximum speed achieved to 236.4 km/h , it is quite impossible.

We find that after we led-out the track log of GPS by COMPE GPS, the flying speed, height , climbing speed and sinking speed which all have some errors to the actual ones, after we uploaded them on the Leonardo, there were some differences to the former ones.

There might be an error in rounding when Leonardo computes these values. Dont know why really

Such errors always occur as we use GARMIN 60CSX GPS , but no such errors as we use 201 or MAP76. So we wonder whether the reason for such errors is that Leonardo can not be compatible with the new GPS??? Or some other reasons?
One more question, what software do you usual use to lead-out the COMOEGPS?

you mean Compeo ?
Dont have one,
I upload all my flights from LeonardoLive directly from my phone for the past 2 years.
manolis
Site Admin

Postby Jacky.Ng » Fri May 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks for your reply.

But I wonder that what is the LeonardoLive? Is it a specified program for leading-in the files onto Leonardo?

For one more question: when updating the old version of Leonardo to the new version, there might be any problems or errors for the datas? Or is there any specified program for the updating?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Jacky.Ng

Postby manolis » Fri May 08, 2009 12:28 pm

manolis
Site Admin

Postby Jacky.Ng » Tue May 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi Manolis,
We have updated the Leonardo into the latest version, but we found that we lost some information of take offs.
For example, please attention to the following pictures(http://www.paracn.com/forum/viewthread. ... &frombbs=1 )
P1, it shows that the takeoff is Ma On Shan-HK, but after I clicked to look through the details(P2), the take off turned to UNKNOWN (P3). So I turned back to the form page, but found that all the take offs turned to UNKOWNS(P4).
Do you know the reason for this??Thanks a lot.

Can you get what I want to say??
Jacky.Ng

Return to Support