Joomla installation

support forum

Postby jaroxs » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:22 pm

yes you was right. Iv changed the template for leonardo and it worked. Thx.

Since leonardo is integrate with the joomla users table i wanted to change the link:

/index.php?option=com_leonardo&op=pilot_profile&pilotIDview=0_64

Into smth like:

/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=20

To have different profile page for each user.

Do you remember maybe when can i change it ? Is that possible ?

And also the user registration link in the leonardo to other joomla registration component.

Jarek
jaroxs

Postby namxnam » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi

After reading this thread I have had some success integrating Leonardo with Joomla. However I am having problems with the layout of the top menu in Leonardo. Please see link:

http://manxparagliders.com/index.php?op ... Itemid=131

I am very close to getting it working how I want it (after many years of trying)...I would be very grateful of any help or suggestions.

Thanks
namxnam

Postby namxnam » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:32 am

OK I got the menu sorted - I had copied the .htaccess to both leonardo and com_leonardo!

I am having problems logging in - I have entered the database and table name in the config file, I have also set auto login to 1 in the session file. When I am logged in in Joomla and select Leonardo - then submit flight it tells me that I am not logged in.

Can anybody help with this?

Thanks
namxnam

Postby namxnam » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:20 am

I am still not able to get the Joomla bridge working.
Do I need the users to be set up in the Pilots table as well -and if so where do I put their joomla id. The Pilots table is currently empty - Does Leonard create a Pilot entry on first login of Joomla users (I saw a variable called autocreate and autologin but have not had any success).

I have set the correct table in leonardo so that it gets the username, password and name from in Joomla but cannot see where it works out if they are logged in to Joomla.

If anyone can provide me with some pointers for further investigation I would be very grateful.

Thanks
namxnam

Postby jaroxs » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi namxnam,

i have also still problems with leonardo on joomla 1.5.9.

Here is a link to my leonardo:
http://new.flyordie.info/index.php?opti ... Itemid=373

Now there is smth strange and i think it is a problem with JS. My main template is using mootools so i needed to add blank template only for leonardo to start working the menus and the calendars. To add new template for the component you need to assign it the joomla template manager and then and the line in application.php at joomla/includes - to stop the template switching.

// Allows to add blank template for the new component
if (JRequest::getVar('option')=='com_leonardo'){
$template = 'blank_j15';
}

// Fallback template
if (!file_exists(JPATH_THEMES.DS.$template.DS.'index.php')) {
$template = 'rhuk_milkyway';
}

After that i think leonardo is not using the mootools and it start woking, but there are still problems.

My leonardo now is working like this:

1) you dont need to be logged in to see the pilots list BUT...
2) when you start the browser and you first click the PILOTS you want see nothing
3) You need to click SHOW ALL FLIGHT and then again PILOTS to see the pilots list.
4) Leonardo is adding the new user into the pilots table when you are looged into the joomla and when you click PILOT PROFILE - on my joomla it worked like this.

Iv added three flights you can test it if you want. There are three users one is Administrator - SUPER ADMIN in JOOMLA, Jarek Borowiec - Admin in joomla, and test test - it is the simple registered user in joomla.

Im sitting also all the time trying to worked everything..... :-((((

Regards,

Jarek
jaroxs

Postby namxnam » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi Jarek

Thank you for your reply - at least I now know how it should be behaving. I can connect to the database and it is finding the correct user table but it is not returning any users or recognising that I am logged in.

I think there must be some other parameter that I have not set. I am wondering if Community Builder (_comprofiler) might be the problem...but I cannot see how this would be as the _users table is still used.

It might be helpful if you could send me a copy of your working site/predefined/5 php files in case I have set a parameter or not.

I hope you get your mootools problem working...I guess I will only discover if I have a similar problem when I get my users/login sorted.

Cheers

K
namxnam

Postby jaroxs » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi again,

maybe you lost some parameter in the files. Send me your e-mail using PM or write it down here, i will send you a zip package of my php files. Im using also Comprofiler 1.2 RC 4 and its working with it as you probably saw on my page.

I dont know what is going on with the JS in leonardo iv added new blank template without moomenu etc. and it seems to be working but not in 100% as i described before :(

One question !

Did you upload some flight when you are logged in ? If not you will not be able to see the pilots list. First need to add a flight, then click on pilot profile page (on my leonardo if not it will not create new entry into to pilots table), then again ALL FLIGHTS, and then PILOTS to see whole list.

This is how its working on my page :( I have also problem when i upload the igc file. The file is uploading ok but there is no confirmation about, no msg, no window, no redirection :(

I need to wait until your set up of leonardo start working...

Jarek
jaroxs

Postby namxnam » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:59 am

Hi Jarek

I have sent you a PM with my e-mail. At the moment I am not able to upload flights as it says that i am not logged in....I will have a look at the files that you send me to see if that will help my login problem and then I can see if I am having the same JS issues that you are.

Thanks again
namxnam

Postby namxnam » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:58 am

Hi Jarek

Thanks for sending me the files....still can't get it to return any users or acknowledege that I am logged in! Its very frustrating!

I might copy some data over from a working copy of leonardo (on phpbb) to see if I can 'kick-start' it into life or maybe do without the synchronisation for the moment in the hope that it is magically cured in the next release. I will keep trying though.

Thanks again for your help.
namxnam

Postby manolis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:09 am

Hi , Sorry for the furstration i'm putting you through, i'm no expert in joomla that is why this is more of a hack rather than a real component.

However i have tested it in a fresh 1.5 install with the default theme and it worked ok.
manolis
Site Admin

Postby jaroxs » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:24 am

namxnam,

are you using new temporary version ?

http://leonardo.thenet.gr/support/viewtopic.php?t=157

What is your joomla version, and what type of tamplate you are using ? What type of community builder you are using.

Im using J1.5.9 and community builder 1.2 RC 4. I think its really important.

Manole can you describe what type of template did use used when didnt had problem with the JS (name of the template) ? And vesion of your joomla ?

The JS is getting really frustrating :) i think i will unsinstall all and try it again, and i will write my own manual, and if it work i will post it here...

Regards, and many thx for all...

Jarek
jaroxs

Postby jaroxs » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 am

namxnam,

are you using CB LOGIN ? or old joomla login module ? I can send you my CB zip package if you want, now im thinking that you have problem with CB in your joomla, thats why you cant login in.

Regards,

Jarek
jaroxs

Postby manolis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:42 am

I'm using 1.5.7 with the default template rhuk_milkyway (v1.0.2)
have alook at

http://pgforum.thenet.gr/joomla/index.p ... th=0&day=0
manolis
Site Admin

Postby namxnam » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi

Thanks for the response!

I am using Joomla 1.5.9 with Community Builder 1.2 RC4. I am using a Joomlart Template (Zeolite) but I have tried switching to the default template with no success. I am using the CB login.

I am using the temp version of leonardo (2009-01-07 17 28 33).

My Joomla db tables are not prefixed jos_ but are jiyy_ I have changed the setting in the config file and I am confident that it is connecting to the db (not getting the 'cannot find db' error message) and that it is finding the users table (not getting the 'There are no users' error message).

I login to Joomla then click the link to Leonardo. In Leonardo if I click the 'Submit' button I am informed that I am not logged in.
If I click the 'Pilots' button the table headings appear but there are no pilots.

I do like the way that leonardo is displayed within Joomla - if I can just get the bridge sorted it will be perfect.

I might try a clean joomla and leonardo install on my test site....if its not flyable this weekend!

Cheers!
namxnam

Postby jaroxs » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:15 am

Manole,

if i click on your website at the pilot profile, i get:

error in the pilot query

why is that ?

Regards,

Jarek
jaroxs

PreviousNext

Return to Support