Joomla installation

support forum

Postby kloiner » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:17 am

Hi all,

I am using joomla 1.5.14 (latest version) and have following problem:

After Installation, everything worked fine, I am not able to connect to the database. I get the message "Could not connect to the database"

Does anybody now what I've made wrong?

Thanks and greets

kloiner
kloiner

Postby kloiner » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:37 pm

Anybody here?

Hey guys, I still need help, does anybody can help me?

I could fix the database connection, now I still have the problem with the layout, which is really crashed.

Today I tried to upload a flight and get following answer:

function setValue(obj) { var n = obj.selectedIndex; // Which menu item is selected var val = obj[n].value; // Return string value of menu item var valParts= val.split("_"); gl=MWJ_findObj("glider"); gl.value=valParts[1]; gl=MWJ_findObj("gliderBrandID"); gl.value=valParts[0]; // document.inputForm.glider.value = value; }

I hope somebody can help me.

Thx and greets
kloiner
kloiner

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_USER_AGENT

Postby Konstantin1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:12 am

Hi all,

I am using joomla 1.5.15 with Community Builder 1.2 RC4. and have following problem:

But I see
Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_USER_AGENT in ..site/predefined/5/mainfile.php on line 8

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_SERVER_VARS in .../5/mainfile.php on line 14

Notice: Use of undefined constant getmicrotime - assumed 'getmicrotime' in .....predefined/5/mysql.php on line 26

in php.ini on my hosting register_long_arrays = On

file .htaccess
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /leonardo/$1

I write config_op_mode.php
$opMode= 5;
$CONF['links']['type']=3;
$CONF['links']['baseURL']='/leonardo';

when I set $CONF['links']['type']=1;
open new window but all link set components/leonardo/
<link href="components/leonardo/templates/basic/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
I install leonardo in my_site/leonardo/

Version PHP = 5.2.9

Does anybody now what I've made wrong?

Thanks and greets
Konstantin1

Postby manolis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:47 pm

Joomla support is somewhat broken, (needs some manual debugging)

I'll try in the next version (before next year) to make joomla support more usable.

If you have some knowledge of php and debugging skills ia would advice to to first try the installation on a fresh Joomla (with out any adons etc)
manolis
Site Admin

Re: Joomla installation

Postby damboz » Wed May 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi, are there some news about Joomla support?
I'm trying to install Leonardo XC on a joomla 1.5.17 website but I have some layout problems...
damboz

Postby manolis » Wed May 05, 2010 2:06 pm

yes joomla 1.5 is supported ok , the layout problems you may should be template (joomla template) related.
manolis
Site Admin

Postby damboz » Wed May 05, 2010 2:49 pm

Ok, this is the link: http://vlmg.herobo.com/index.php?option=com_leonardo&Itemid=29
It's not a well done website, but just a joomla cms installed on a free webhosting just to check the leonardo xc installation.

I followed the http://www.leonardoxc.net/files/install_joomla_1.5.html instruction, and actually I'm not able to find what I'm missing.
damboz

Postby namxnam » Mon May 10, 2010 8:47 pm

I have leonardo working on joomla 1.5.17..... and I had the same problem for a while but solved it.

It might be to do with the .htaccess file that must be copied to the leonardo folder. I would start by investigating that. If you need any more help I will gladly send copies of my config files....I know how frustrating it is...I have been trying to get it to work in Joomla for the past 3 years - and now finally have it working!
namxnam

Postby damboz » Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 am

Thank you very much namxnam, i checked every .htaccess combination but nothing appends. I try to uninstall and install leonardo again bout I got the same layout problem. :oops:
Actually I was looking for a joomla component just to upload the flights of our club's members in our next joomla website with the aim to analyze the characteristics of our mountains, so I don't need OLC score etc.
For this reason I'm thinking that maybe a leonardo XC server will be too much...
Wich is four you guys the simplest solution for this problem?
damboz

Postby manolis » Tue May 11, 2010 8:28 am

I think thereis something weird with your hosting plan that maybe the cause of the propblems:

If you go to http://vlmg.herobo.com/leonardo/ i get a strange redirection
manolis
Site Admin

Postby namxnam » Tue May 11, 2010 1:35 pm

I can re-create that problem with the menu display on my site by changing the following:

site/predefined/5/config.php

line 27 if ($CONF['links'] ['type']==3) {

If I change the value of '3' to '1' I get the same menu problem that is on your site. With a value of '3' it all works nicely.

I am not sure where else this variable is set.

I hope this helps - if not let me know and I will send you all of my config files to try and see where yours differ.
namxnam

Postby damboz » Tue May 11, 2010 2:18 pm

manolis wrote:I think thereis something weird with your hosting plan that maybe the cause of the propblems:

If you go to http://vlmg.herobo.com/leonardo/ i get a strange redirection

Fixed but nothing happened...
damboz

Previous

Return to Support