Feature request: geotag and caption attached photos

support forum

Feature request: geotag and caption attached photos

Postby midtoad » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:47 pm

With Leonardo you can attach photos of your flight. But, there's no way to add captions to those photos to identify what they are of, or where they were taken. So: feature request:
1. provide ability to add captions to attached photos.
2. provide ability to geotag attached photos. Or more precisely, add icons to the tracklog to show the location where photos were taken; if you mouse-over the icons or click on them, show the actual photo (including its caption). For an example of how this can work, visit mtbguru.com and check one of my trips: http://www.mtbguru.com/trip/edit/6465-b ... iao-bridge

Note that GPS clock time may be different from camera clock time, so if you add this feature you will also have to add a way to adjust for the difference in clock time. If you submit a trip on mtbguru.com with photos, you'll see how they provide for that capability.

thanks
Stewart
midtoad

Postby manolis » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi Steward,

Yes indeed i also though about this for some time, along with some improvements in the 'story-telling' aspect of Leonardo.

Will have a look at the site you mentioned
manolis
Site Admin

Postby manolis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:06 pm

This feature has been implemented in Tom Payne's Plguin for creating Google Earth files. No time zone adjustment as far as i know though
manolis
Site Admin

Return to Support